CHINESE BRUSH PAINTING:
THE COLORFUL PEONY
Saturday and Sunday
April 25 & 26
9:30 - 3:30 $100
In China, the Peony was known as the "king of all Flowers", and it is the epitome of nobility. You will learn the magnificent of peony through with simplicity of brushwork, depicts the ideas that unique perspective to expresses on oriental rice paper. Each technique is demonstrated by the instructor. Students receive individual attention adapted to their particular skill level and interests. All levels.
1. Brushes: a small combination brush, a large combination brush. a large hard bristle brush, a small hard bristle brush (it's brown color on the bristle), a fine pointed brush.
2. Paper: any kind of absorbent rice paper as a pad or a roll or sheets
3. a box of Marie's Chinese watercolor 12 or 18 tubes
4. a bottle of Sumi-e ink
5. a painting mat
6. couple of palettes
7. two paper weights as rocks, a roll of paper towel
8. a wash jar or a small container